How to rename a document via a signing link with signNow
If you need to customize the name of your document when sharing it via a signing link, you can do so without renaming the existing document template. All you need to do is edit the signing link itself.
Generate a signing link
Go to your Templates folder in signNow, select the template you need to share, and click Create Invite Link.
Copy your signing link
Your signing link appears in the pop-up. Copy the URL and paste it wherever you can make changes to it before sharing the link with a signer.
Modify the signing link
Add the following snippet at the end of your signing link: “?sgn_doc_name=” (no spaces or quotation marks required). Then, type the new document name after “=”.
Once your recipient follows the modified signing link, the document will open and it will have the name you’ve set.
Note: You can ask your IT department to set up a mail merge for this feature.
See signNow eSignatures in action
Choose a better solution
Take routine paperwork off your plate with signNow
Online signature service
Fillable form creator
Ability to rename a document through a signing link
Our user reviews speak for themselves
signNow solutions for better efficiency
Why choose signNow
- Free 7-day trial. Choose the plan you need and try it risk-free.
- Honest pricing for full-featured plans. signNow offers subscription plans with no overages or hidden fees at renewal.
- Enterprise-grade security. signNow helps you comply with global security standards.
The easiest way to use the rename a document through a signing link feature in signNow
signNow provides you with an eSignature solution that replaces any extra document management software. Process your documents and templates within one web-based service.
Work on contracts and agreements, individually or with your team members, make use of the rename a document through a signing link tool in clicks, and share PDFs online to collect information and eSignatures. Turn drafts into reusable templates to speed up your workflow.
How to utilize the rename a document through a signing link tool
- Add PDFs from your device to your signNow account.
- Select two or more records to group them by clicking Create Group.
- A new folder is automatically created and will appear in the Documents Group section; from there you can send the whole package of files in one click.
- To share the group with your colleagues, create a new team in the My Team section, and invite your crewmembers.
- Move files to the team folder so your partners can see and work on these forms.
- Each document can be converted to a reusable template. To do so, click More > Make Template next to the record..
- Or, share the PDFs via the signing link and let your partners fill them out.
- Collect and store them easily.
Take advantage of signNow features such as rename a document through a signing link to simplify teamwork, collaborate on contracts and drafts, and level up productivity. Experience the eSignature service that thousands of SMBs and SMEs use to negotiate on contracts.
How it works
Rate rename link
See exceptional results word insert document name
How to fill out and sign a document online
Check out the easiest approach to rename a document through a signing link. Stay away from paper-based workflows and handle documents right from signNow. Complete and send your documents from your office or seamlessly while on the go. No set up or additional application needed. All functions can be found online, just go to signnow.com and make your personal eSignature process.
A brief instructions concerning how to rename a document through a signing link within a few minutes
- Register a signNow account (in the event you haven't registered yet) or sign in using your Google or Facebook.
- Click Upload and select one of your PDF files.
- Take advantage of the My Signature to create your unique signature.
- Turn the template into a powerful PDF with fillable fields.
- Submit your new form and click Done.
When finished, send an invite to sign to multiple people. Get an enforceable deal within a few minutes using any device. Explore much more features to make significant PDFs; add fillable fields rename a document through a signing link and collaborate in groups. The eSignature platform offers a protected workflow and functions based on SOC 2 Type II Certification. Ensure that all your records are protected and therefore no person can change them.
How to eSign a PDF in Google Chrome
Are you looking for a solution to rename a document through a signing link from Chrome? The signNow extension for Google is here to assist. Find a PDF template and right from the internet browser very easily open it in the editor. Put fillable fields for textual content and eSignature. Sign the PDF file and send it securely based on GDPR, SOC 2 Type II Certification and more.
Employing this quick how-to guide under, increase your eSignature process into Google and rename a document through a signing link:
- Visit the Chrome web store and find the signNow extension.
- Click on Add to Chrome.
- Log in to the account or create a new one.
- Add a PDF and then click Open in signNow.
- Alter the document.
- Sign the PDF using the My Signature tool.
- Click on Done to save your edits.
- Bring other participants to eSign by clicking on Invite to Sign and selecting their emails/names.
Make a signature that's built in to your workflow to rename a document through a signing link and get PDFs eSigned in minutes. Leave behind the piles of papers located on your workdesk and start saving time and money for additional significant activities. Selecting the signNow Google extension is a great convenient option with lots of benefits.
How to eSign an attachment in Gmail
If you're like the majority of, you're used to downloading the PDFs you receive, printing them out and after that signing them, correct? Okay, we have great news for you. Putting your signature on documents in your inbox just got a lot easier. The signNow add-on for Gmail enables you to rename a document through a signing link without leaving your inbox. Do everything you need; put fillable fields and share signing requests in clicks.
How to rename a document through a signing link in Gmail:
- Get signNow for Gmail within the from the G Suite Marketplace and then click Install.
- Sign in to the signNow account or create a new one.
- Open up your inbox with the PDF file you want to eSign.
- Click Upload if you want to save the PDF to your signNow account.
- Click Open document to start the editor.
- eSign the PDF file making use of My Signature.
- Send a signing request for the other customers using the Send to Sign button.
- Enter their email and tap OK.
As a result, the other members will receive notifications letting them know to sign the document. No reason to download the PDF file over and over again, just rename a document through a signing link in clicks. This add-one is suitable for entrepreneur who prefer concentrating on more significant tasks as an alternative to burning time for absolutely nothing. Boost your day-to-day compulsory labour with the award-winning eSignature service.
How to sign a PDF template on the go without an app
For most solutions, getting deals done on the go means installing an application on your smartphone. We're pleased to say at signNow we've created singing on the go quicker and much easier by reducing the demand for a mobile app. To eSign, open up your browser (any mobile browser) and take direct access to signNow and all sorts of its effective eSignature tools. Change docs, rename a document through a signing link and more. No installment or additional software required. Manage your offer from anywhere.
Take a look at our brief instructions that show you the way to rename a document through a signing link.
- Open up your mobile browser and go to signnow.com.
- Log in or register a new profile.
- Upload or open the document you would like to modify.
- Put fillable fields for text, eSignature and date/time.
- Draw, type or upload your signature.
- Click Save and Close.
- Click on Invite to Sign and enter in a recipient's email if you require other people to sign the PDF file.
Working on mobile is no different than with a desktop: build a reusable template, rename a document through a signing link and deal with the flow as you would typically. In a couple of clicks, receive an enforceable contract that you can download to the internal storage and send to customers. Yet, if you want an application, download the signNow app. It's secure, quick and has an excellent design. Try out seamless eSignature workflows from the business office, in a taxi or on a plane.
How to sign a PDF file utilizing an iPhone
iOS is definitely a well-known operating system packed with native instruments. It enables you to sign and edit PDFs making use of Preview without the extra application. Even so, as great as Apple's feature is, it doesn't offer any automation. Improve your iPhone's abilities by benefiting from the signNow application. Utilize your iPhone or iPad to rename a document through a signing link and a lot more. Present eSignature automation for your mobile workflow.
Inserting your signature with an iPhone has never ever been so easy:
- Get the signNow iPhone app in the AppStore and install it.
- Make a new account or log in along with your Facebook or Google.
- Just click Plus and add the document you need to sign.
- Click on the PDF file where you need to put in your signature.
- Try out other tools: add fillable fields or rename a document through a signing link.
- Click on Save option to apply the adjustments.
- Share your PDFs via mail or using a singing link.
Come up with a professional-looking PDFs straight from your signNow iPhone app. Get the best from your efforts and work from anywhere; in your own home, in your office, on a bus or plane, as well as at the beach. Control a whole PDf file workflow easily: make reusable templates, rename a document through a signing link and work on PDF files with partners. Turn your device right into a potent enterprise tool for executing offers.
How to eSign a PDF Android
For Android users to manage agreements using their smartphone, they must find and install additional application. The Play Market is vast and plump with choices, so choosing a great software isn't a challenge for those who have time to read through a huge selection of software. To save your time and stop stress, we recommend signNow for Android. Save and change PDFs, make signing roles, as well as rename a document through a signing link.
The 9 easy steps to optimizing your smartphone workflow:
- Open up the app.
- Sign in using your Facebook or Google profiles or create a new if you haven't authorized already.
- Simply click + to add a new document making use of your camera, internal or cloud storages.
- Tap anywhere on the PDF and put in your eSignature.
- Click OK to agree and eSign.
- Try much more editing and enhancing tools; add images, rename a document through a signing link, design a reusable template, and many others.
- Click Save to make alterations as soon as you complete.
- Download the PDf file or share it using mail.
- Make use of the Invite to sign feature in order to set And send a signing order to users.
Change the mundane and monotonous work into simple and smooth together with the signNow app for smartphone. eSign and send out templates for signature from just about anywhere you're connected to the internet. Generate good-looking PDFs and rename a document through a signing link with couple of clicks. Put together a perfect eSignature workflow with only your smartphone and increase your overall productivity.
Get legally-binding signatures now!
FAQs online signature
How do I rename a document in signNow?To rename a document, select it and click Rename Document in the sidebar on the right. Or you can click the More button next to a document name and select the same option in the contextual menu.
What is a signing link?With signNow, you can create a signing link for any document or template. It is a short link that can be shared with anyone whose signature you require. By following the link, each user receives their own copy of a document that can be eSigned. Completed documents automatically appear in your Documents folder (or any other folder of your choosing).
How do I create a signing link?Select any document or template in your signNow account and click Create Invite Link next to the document. A signing link will appear in a pop-up box. Copy the link and share it with as many signers as you need.
How can I check who signed my document when I use a signing link?Each signer who submits a document via a signing link remains anonymous and is titled “guest_signer” in the signNow interface. However, you can check a document’s history with all the actions made to it, timestamps, and the IP addresses of signers. To view a history log, click on the ellipsis icon next to the document you need and select History.
Do signing links expire?A signing link generated from a template won’t expire unless you delete the template. Even if a signer opens a document via a link and closes it before finishing, they will still be able to follow this link again, although a new copy of the document will open. On the other hand, a signing link generated from documents expires once you delete the document or once the document is signed. If a signer closes a document before completing it, they have 30 days to reopen and sign the document.
How do I redirect signers to a specific web page after signing a document via a signing link?While creating your signing link, check the Redirect after Signing box and enter the URL you need in the field below.
Do signers need a signNow account to sign my documents via signing links?No, recipients can sign your document on both desktop and mobile devices without having to register with signNow.
How do I send a document to someone to sign?Upload a document to your signNow account and click Invite to Sign. You can also send a document for signing as a freeform (without fillable fields) or share it via a signing link.
What active users are saying — url renamer
Related searches to change documents
Frequently asked questions
How do you generate a document and apply an electronic signature to it?
How do I add an electronic signature to a Word document?
What is the definition of an electronic signature according to the ESIGN Act?
The ins and outs of eSignature
Find out other at document
- Sign Domain Name Registration Agreement
- Sign Client and Developer Agreement
- Sign Affiliate Program Agreement
- Sign Co-Branding Agreement
- Sign Online Promotion Agreement
- Sign Distribution Agreement
- Sign Delivery Order Template
- Sign Engineering Proposal Template
- Sign Equipment Purchase Proposal
- Sign Proforma Invoice Template
- What is Digital Signature and How It Works?
- A Valid and Safe eSigning for Your Documents
- How Does an Electronic Signature from signNow Work?
- Create an e signature
- Create outlook signature
- Create signature free
- Create signature line in word
- Cryptographic signature
- Declaration of independence john hancock signature
- Digital signature microsoft word