How to add a dropdown field to a document with signNow
Let recipients fill out your documents by selecting from multiple answer options instead of typing text. Dropdown fields allow you to collect completed documents faster and avoid costly errors.
Use the document editor to add fillable fields
Open a document in the signNow editor. Select Dropdown Field in the left-hand sidebar and then click anywhere on the document to drop the field. Adjust the field’s positioning by dragging it across the page. You can also resize the field by dragging its edges. Once finished, click OK.
Configure fillable fields in seconds
Click on the dropdown field, its settings will appear on the right:
- Make the field required by checking the Required box.
- Provide the field name or instructions for a signer in the Label box.
- If you have multiple signers, assign one of the signing roles to the field by using the Role dropdown.
- Provide multiple-choice options that will appear in the dropdown in the Answer Choices field. Type every option from the new line. To jump to the next line, press Enter. You can also add the “Other” option to the list by checking the Add “Other” Option box.
- Add pre-filled text if needed.
- Go to the Advanced section to give the field a unique ID or to make it conditional.
- In the Location section, adjust the field’s positioning by setting margins in pixels.
Send documents for signing in a couple of clicks
Once you have added all the fillable fields you need, save and close the document or send it for signing by clicking Invite to Sign in the top right corner of the editor’s interface. Finally, enter your signer’s email address, add CC recipients if needed, and click the Send Invite button.
See signNow eSignatures in action
Choose a better solution
Take routine paperwork off your plate with signNow
Online signature service
Fillable form creator
Ability to add dropdown fields to your document
Our user reviews speak for themselves
signNow solutions for better efficiency
Why choose signNow
- Free 7-day trial. Choose the plan you need and try it risk-free.
- Honest pricing for full-featured plans. signNow offers subscription plans with no overages or hidden fees at renewal.
- Enterprise-grade security. signNow helps you comply with global security standards.
The add dropdown fields to your document feature in signNow: taking SMB-contract negotiation to the next level
Eliminate paperwork and switch to online form creation and signature collection. Try signNow, a smart tool that makes your document management smooth and easy. Make documents of any kind easily fillable: utilize the add dropdown fields to your document feature, add various custom fields, and set up them with rules and conditions according to your needs.
Follow the instructions below on how to use the add dropdown fields to your document feature:
- Log in to your signNow account or register it.
- Click on the Upload Documents button at the top of the screen.
- Open your sample and find the Tools menu on the left.
- Add various fillable fields to your document such as Text, Checkbox, Date/Time, Initials and Dropdown, Radio Button Group, Calculated one, and others by clicking on the corresponding option and drop it to the place you need it to appear.
- Set it as the required one, if needed, and apply other additional settings, using the} toolbar on the right. Click Ok to adjust it.
- Insert a Signature Field. Drop as many as you need. Click on each of them, assign roles, make them required or conditional by using the Signature menu on the right.
- Collect other supportive documents by adjusting a Request Attachment option from the left-hand menu. Make it required or optional, or set the conditions to show it to your signee.
- Click Save and Close to finish editing.
- Select how you will share your sample. Use the Invite to Sign button to send it to your colleagues and partners, or clients’ emails, or Create Signing Link to post it on your website and share it with more users.
It’s easy to customize documents of any kind. Take advantage of the add dropdown fields to your document functionality to create new forms and templates. Send it to your recipients, and once the form is completed and signed, you'll automatically get it back with an email notification. Streamline collaboration with your teams, partners, and clients by sending them contracts, orders, reports and applications and other forms for signing, which they can quickly fill out and sign effortlessly. Save your precious time and efforts with signNow. Try it out!
How it works
Rate select sí or no to indicate which of the following items or people you see in the fotonovela video
See exceptional results use the drop down menus to name these structures
How to fill in and sign a PDF online
Experience the easiest approach to add dropdown fields to your document. Steer clear of paper-based workflows and deal with PDF files right from signNow. Make ready and send out your PDFs from your business office or seamlessly work on-the-go. No installment or more application required. All benefits can be found online, just go to signnow.com and configure your own eSignature flow.
A brief instructions concerning how to add dropdown fields to your document within a few minutes
- Create a signNow account (in the event you haven't signed up yet) or sign in with your Google or Facebook.
- Click on Upload and select your PDFs.
- Make use of the My Signature to insert your unique signature.
- Change the template in a powerful PDF with fillable fields.
- Complete your new form and click on Done.
Once finished, share an invite to sign to numerous recipients. Have an enforceable agreement quickly making use of any gadget. Find far more tools for making specialist PDFs; add more fillable fields add dropdown fields to your document and collaborate in groups. The eSignature service provides a reliable process and operates based on SOC 2 Type II Certification. Ensure that your records are guarded so no one can edit them.
How to eSign a PDF template in Google Chrome
Are you searching for a solution to add dropdown fields to your document right from Chrome? The signNow extension for Google is here now to help. Find a PDF template and right from your internet browser quickly open it in the editor. Add fillable fields for text and eSignature. eSign the PDF and send it securely based on GDPR, SOC 2 Type II Certification and more.
Applying this quick how-to guide below, expand your eSignature process into Google and add dropdown fields to your document:
- Go to the Chrome web store and select the signNow extension.
- Click on Add to Chrome.
- Sign in to the profile or create a new one.
- Upload a document and then click Open in signNow.
- Alter the document.
- Sign the PDF file utilizing the My Signature instrument.
- Click on Done to make edits.
- Encourage other participants to sign by simply clicking Invite to Sign and picking their email addresses/names.
Create a signature that's built in to your workflow to add dropdown fields to your document and get PDFs eSigned in minutes. Forget the piles of papers on your desk and start saving money and time for additional important tasks. Picking out the signNow Google extension is an awesome handy decision with plenty of advantages.
How to eSign an attachment in Gmail
If you're like most, you're used to downloading the email attachments you get, printing them out and after that signing them, isn't it? Okay, we certainly have great news for you. Signing documents inside your inbox just became a lot easier. The signNow add-on for Gmail enables you to add dropdown fields to your document without leaving your inbox. Do everything that you need; insert fillable fields and send signing links in clicks.
How you can add dropdown fields to your document in Gmail:
- Get signNow for Gmail in the G Suite Marketplace and then click Install.
- Sign in to the signNow profile or create a new one.
- Open your email with the PDF file you need to eSign.
- Simply click Upload to save the PDF to the signNow account.
- Click on Open document to open up the editor.
- Sign the PDF file taking advantage of My Signature.
- Send a signing links for the other customers with the Send to Sign button.
- Put in their email and click OK.
As a result, other members will receive message letting them know to eSign the document. No requirement to download the attachment time and time again, just add dropdown fields to your document in a few clicks. This add-one is ideal for people who prefer concentrating on more significant tasks rather than wasting time for absolutely nothing. Improve your day-to-day compulsory labour with the award-winning eSignature platform.
How to sign a PDF on the go without an application
For many solutions, getting offers accomplished on the go means the installation of an application on the phone. We're pleased to say at signNow we've made singing on the go more quickly and simpler by eliminating the necessity for a mobile app. To eSign, open up your browser (any mobile browser) and get immediate access to signNow and all of its effective eSignature tools. Modify docs, add dropdown fields to your document and more. No set up or additional software required. Close up your offer from any place.
Have a look at our brief guide that teach you the way to add dropdown fields to your document.
- Open your internet browser and visit signnow.com.
- Log in or create a new account.
- Upload or open up the PDF file you need to modify.
- Add fillable fields for textual content, eSignature and date.
- Draw, type or upload your eSignature.
- Click Save and Close.
- Click Invite to Sign and put in a recipient's email if you require other people to eSign the PDF file.
Working on documents with smartphone is the same as with a desktop: create a reusable template, add dropdown fields to your document and manage the process as you would typically. In a couple of minutes, get an enforceable agreement that you can download to your device and share to customers. Yet, if you want a software, download the signNow mobile app. It's secure, quick and has an incredible design. Experience smooth eSignature workflows from the office, in a taxi or on a plane.
How to sign a PDF file using an iPad
iOS is definitely a popular operating system packed with native tools. It enables you to sign and edit PDFs making use of Preview with no extra software. However, as wonderful as Apple's feature is, it doesn't supply any automation. Boost your iPhone's functionality by using the signNow app. Use your iPhone or iPad to add dropdown fields to your document and a lot more. Present eSignature automation for your mobile workflow.
Signing on an iPhone has never been so easy:
- Select the signNow app in the AppStore and set it up.
- Create a new account or log in with the Facebook or Google.
- Just click Plus and upload the PDF file you would like to eSign.
- Tap in the PDF file exactly where you want to insert your signature.
- Try out other tools: add more fillable fields or add dropdown fields to your document.
- Utilize the Save button to apply the changes.
- Send out your documents via mail or a singing link.
Take a professional PDFs from your signNow iPhone app. Get the most from your time and work from anyplace; at home, work, on a bus or plane, as well as at the beach. Manage a whole record process easily: generate reusable templates, add dropdown fields to your document and work on PDFs with business partners. Transform your device into a effective company tool for executing deals.
How to eSign a PDF file taking advantage of an Android
For Android users to manage documents using their phone, they should set up extra application. The Play Market is huge and plump with choices, so finding a great application isn't too difficult if you have time to read through countless apps. To save time as well as protect against aggravation, we recommend signNow for Android. Store and edit documents, create signing roles, and even add dropdown fields to your document.
The 9 simple actions to optimizing your smartphone workflow:
- Open the mobile app.
- Sign in with your Facebook or Google accounts or create a new if you haven't authorized yet.
- Click + to upload a new record making use of your camera, internal or cloud storages.
- Tap anywhere in your PDF file and put your eSignature.
- Just click OK to agree and sign.
- Experience far more editing and enhancing tools; put images, add dropdown fields to your document, build a reusable template, and so on.
- Simply click Save to apply alterations once you finish.
- Download the PDf file or send it through email.
- Use the Invite to sign feature if you wish to establish And send out a signing link to clients.
Transform the mundane and monotonous work into simple and smooth together with the signNow mobile app for smartphone. Sign and send out templates for eSignature from anywhere you're connected to the internet. Generate good-looking PDFs and add dropdown fields to your document with a few clicks. Put together a flawless eSignature workflow with just your mobile phone and increase your overall efficiency.
Get legally-binding signatures now!
FAQs online signature
How do I make sure my recipients place signatures correctly?With signNow, you decide where exactly your signers can add their data, including eSignatures and initials. Simply insert fillable fields wherever you need them in your documents, and recipients will be able to fill out these fields by following the signing order you’ve pre-set. Configuring signing roles will help you assign fields to specific signers. Besides, you can send documents for signing without adding any fillable fields at all by using freeform invites. In this case, your recipients will be able to add their signatures to documents wherever they see fit.
What is a fillable field?Fillable fields are boxes to which your signers can add their data. signNow allows you to use text fields, signature fields, date/time fields, calculated fields, initials fields, checkbox fields, radio button groups, dropdown fields, and attachment request fields. To add them to a document, select the type of field you need from the left-hand toolbar in the editor and drop it anywhere on your document.
What is a field label?Labels are best explained as field names or instructions for what should be added to a field (e.g., Last Name, State, Phone Number, etc.). With signNow, your signers can auto-fill identically labeled fields with one click throughout an entire document. Labels are available for text fields, date/time fields, and dropdown fields.
What is a freeform invite and how do I send it?A freeform invite allows your recipients to place eSignatures and other data wherever they see fit in your document. To send a freeform invite, upload a document to signNow, click on it, and select Freeform Invite in the sidebar on the right. Then, add your recipient’s email address and click Send Invite.
What is a signing role?A signer role is essentially a signer profile that you authorize to eSign your document or fill out its fields. With signNow, you can assign signer roles for each field in a document. Thus, your signers will fill in the correct fields with the correct data while avoiding confusion or errors. In addition, you can collect eSignatures in a few steps based on your signer role distribution.
What is a conditional field?A conditional field in signNow is a fillable field of any type that becomes available for filling out only after a predefined condition has been met (e.g., if another field is completed or a specific value is added to it).
How do I make a field required?In the signNow editor, click on the fillable field that you need to make required and check the Required box in the sidebar on the right.
What is pre-filled text?With signNow, you can prefill documents with information you already know. For example, if you know your signer’s name, you can add it as pre-filled text to the corresponding field in a document. As a result, your signer won’t have to complete this field but will be able to edit the information inside if needed. You can customize pre-filled text for text fields, date/time fields, checkbox fields, radio button groups, and dropdown fields.
How do I send documents for signing?Upload a document to signNow and open it in the editor. Select Signature Field in the left-hand sidebar and click anywhere on the document to place a signature field. Then, click Invite to Sign in the top right corner of the screen, enter the recipient’s email address, and hit Send Invite.
Do signers need a signNow account to sign my documents?No, recipients can sign your document on both desktop and mobile devices without having to register with signNow.
What active users are saying — use the drop down menus to name the following structures
Frequently asked questions
How do you generate a document and apply an electronic signature to it?
How do I add an electronic signature to a Word document?
How can I sign a paper document and a PDF file?
The ins and outs of eSignature
Find out other select which person would make each plan based on the fotonovela video
- Try Seamless eSignatures: make a sign in Word
- Explore popular eSignature features: make a sign online
- Explore popular eSignature features: make a sign to ...
- Explore popular eSignature features: make a signature
- Find All You Need to Know: make a signature for PDF
- Improve Your Google Experience: make a signature in ...
- Start Your eSignature Journey: make an e signature
- Try Seamless eSignatures: make an electronic signature ...
- Explore Your Digital Signature – Questions Answered: ...
- Explore popular eSignature features: make my sign
- Explore popular eSignature features: make a sign
- Try Seamless eSignatures: making a signature in Word
- Explore popular eSignature features: making an ...
- Enjoy Flexible eSignature Workflows: Microsoft document ...
- Explore popular eSignature features: Microsoft eSign
- Explore popular eSignature features: mobile e signature
- Explore popular eSignature features: mobile signatures
- Explore Your Digital Signature – Questions Answered: ...
- Enjoy Flexible eSignature Workflows: Office 365 ...
- Explore popular eSignature features: Office 365 ...