How to create eSignature
- Quick to start
- 24/7 support
Join Fortune 500 companies speeding up their workflows with signNow
How to create eSignature and streamline your business transactions with signNow
How to create eSignature with signNow
signNow signature creator for broader business opportunities
Speed up your contract execution
Protect your paperwork
Use your company branding
Accept payments faster
Create eSignatures in any app
Why choose to create eSignature in signNow
- Free trial. Choose the plan you need and try it risk-free.
- Honest pricing for full-feature plans. signNow offers subscription plans with no overages or hidden fees at renewal.
- Enterprise-grade security. signNow helps you comply with global security standards while applying online signatures.
A step-by-step guide on how to create eSignature online
Follow the instructions below to generate a custom signature online:
- 1. Log in to your signNow account. Proceed by using your password credentials or take advantage of the Google/Facebook account quick access options.
- 2. Sign up and start your 7-day free trial if you’re using our service for the first time. No credit card is required at this stage.
- 3. Click Upload or Create to import a document that requires eSigning (or a group of them) from your device or the cloud.
- 4. Click on the file name after it’s uploaded and open it in the built-in editor to proceed with the complete-and-sign options.
- 5. Scroll down the left sidebar to the Fill Out Myself block to complete your document before approving it.
- 6. Use Text ✎ , My Initials ✑, My Stamp, Today’s Date 🕓, and My Check ✔ tools to fill out blank fields in the form.
- 7. Drag and drop the My Signature ✑ field where you need to approve the form. Create it or use the default one.
- 8. Enter your full name written in a unique style, draw, or upload an image of your handwritten signature and click Sign to apply it.
- 9. Add Signature Fields and other fillable areas for other parties to complete, if needed.
- 10. Click Save and Close to finish your form editing. Choose what to do next with your document: download it, email its copy to other parties, create a reusable template, etc.
With signNow, managing and approving agreements online becomes more effective. Not only can you create legally-binding online signatures yourself but also collect them from your partners and clients in minutes, receiving all the supporting paperwork and even payments from them immediately after contract approval. Experience improved workflows today!
How it works
Rate us now!
What our customers say about our signature generator
What do you like best?Read the full review
What do you like best?Read the full review
What do you like best?Read the full review
What do you like best?Read the full review
Instructions on how to create eSignature online
Signing contracts electronically is the best way to close deals faster and speed up the business processes. That’s why it’s essential to use a secure and intuitive signature creator tool in your daily activity. Consider choosing signNow, a cloud-based industry-compliant and trustworthy solution that suits both individuals and SMBs. Thanks to its rich functionality and intuitive interface, anyone can quickly build complex eSignature workflows and get their documents signed in clicks from any place, any time.
Follow these simple instructions on how to create eSignature online.
Step 1. Upload a document
Click on the Upload or Create button on the top. Choose a file in PDF, Word, JPG, PNG, Excel, or PPTX format from your device, or import one from your cloud storage.
Step 2. Adjust the sample with fillable fields
Click on the uploaded file to open it in the built-in editor. Use the left-side panel to add fillable fields to your form. For each type of data, you can pick an appropriate field (ex., Text, Initials, Date/Time field, etc.) and then make it required or optional, validate it, and assign Roles to it with the tools on the right.
Step 3. Create an eSignature
Drop the My Signature field from the left-side toolbar to eSign a document yourself. With the Add My Signature button, choose how you want to eSign your form: type your name (and customize how it looks), draw, or upload an image of your handwritten signature. Once created, you can set it as your default one to apply it in the future. Click Sign to apply it.
Step 4. Add fields for other parties to eSign
Use the Signature field option from the left-side toolbar and drop it in the document where you need others to place their custom signature. Check the corresponding box on the right to make this field required. Assign Roles to your signer to ensure that each party eSigns the required field. You can also make it conditional, e.g., allow to show it only if your recipient places a tick mark confirming to agree with the terms. Finish editing your sample by clicking on the Save and Close option above.
Step 5. Request eSignatures from others
Select your file in the Documents folder and request your parties to create eSignatures. You can send them an Invite to Sign via an email or Create Invite Link for them. Your form will have a ‘Signed‘ mark when the document is ready and approved by everyone involved.
Get legally-binding signatures now!
- Best ROI. Our customers achieve an average 7x ROI within the first six months.
- Scales with your use cases. From SMBs to mid-market, signNow delivers results for businesses of all sizes.
- Intuitive UI and API. Sign and send documents from your apps in minutes.
signNow: more than a signature creator for your business performance
eSignatures give lots of benefits to companies. They help significantly reduce the contract life cycle thanks to eliminating the tie-ups caused by paper-based processes like printing, scanning, and delivering paperwork. However, unlike many other market players, when choosing signNow, you get considerably more than just an online signature creator. Along with the usual eSigning option, signNow also provides users with additional signature functionality, including:
- Rapid eSignature collection. The tool enables users to send document approval requests to partners and clients via secure emails and Signing Links, getting them eSigned back in minutes instead of days.
- Accelerated payment acceptance. signNow makes it possible for companies to request payments for their services right after the agreement completion, reducing the operational cycle and speeding up cash flow.
- Effective team collaboration. Work gets done faster and more effectively when teams edit and collaborate on their agreement templates within a single workspace.
- Customized document branding. The tool enables users to create eSignature invites with the company’s logo and branding style to make them look more professional and recognizable.
- Integrated eSignature workflows. signNow integrations with third-party solutions help teams run complex eSignature workflows right within the CRM or ERP systems, accounting programs, project and tasks management services, etc.
- Business Cloud access. Our solution is a part of Business Cloud, comprising a top-notch PDF editor, web library of verified forms, and business process automation platform.
signNow is a winning choice for companies looking for more than a simple electronic signature generator. Learn more about its advanced features and get the most out of its state-of-the-art functionality to improve your business efficiency.
FAQs about electronic signature
What is an eSignature?According to the ESING Act, an eSignature is considered ‘data that is logically associated with another data’ to sign an electronic document. In simple words, it’s an electronic equivalent of a traditional handwritten signature that signatories use to approve forms and contracts in electronic form instead of paper ones. The USA, EU, and most other countries recognize eSignatures to have the same legal status as the handwritten ones provided that they comply with specific industry regulations. You can read more about eSignatures here.
How can I create an eSignature?Use signNow as your signature creator tool. It’s a professional solution for electronic signatures with enterprise-level data security and strict compliance with industry-leading standards for eSigning. There are three methods in which signNow enables you to create an eSignature:
- 1. Type in your full name and customize the style how it will look like;
- 2. Draw your signature as you usually do it on paper but with a mouse, stylus, or your finger;
- 3. Upload an image of your handwritten signature.
How do you send a document for electronic signature?With signNow, you can quickly create an online signature for an agreement and send it for approval to other parties in a matter of clicks. To accomplish that, upload a file, add Signature Fields for each party of your contract, and assign Roles to them. After saving all changes, choose one of these signature request options: send an email to your parties with an Invite to Sign option or Create Invite Link. With the second method, you can either copy a link to your form or download an automatically generated QR code, which your recipients will use as a free signature creator.
How can I sign a Word document?To legally eSign a Word document, you need an electronic signature creator like signNow. It enables users to quickly create eSignatures in Word and PDF files just in clicks. Simply upload your sample to the signNow account, open it in the editor, fill it out, and click on the My Signature field. Now, choose the way you want to eSign your document: you can type in your name and pick a style of how it will look like, draw, or upload your signature. You can adjust your document with fields for other parties to complete and eSign it as well, and send your copy for approval or download it on your device.
How can I sign a document sent by email?If you’re using Gmail, signNow offers an intelligent solution for you to add a signature generator right into your mailbox sidebar. It allows you to quickly create eSignatures in the documents you receive in email attachments without downloading or switching between the tabs. Go to the Google Workplace Marketplace, find the signNow add-on for Gmail, install it, and grant it access to your account. After that, open your email attachment and click on the S icon in the right sidebar to launch your signNow add-on. To eSign your document, click on the Upload button to open it in the signNow’s editor. If you need to collect signatures from other parties, use the Send to Sign button.
How do I put my signature online?There are a lot of online signature creator solutions, but signNow is one of the most secure and trustworthy ones. Having an account with signNow, you can eSign any PDF or Word document with one of these methods:
- 1. Upload an image of your handwritten signature;
- 2. Draw it on a screen with a stylus, mouse, or finger;
- 3. Type your full name and choose between the styles that the service offers.
Are eSignatures legal?Electronic signatures have the same legal status as handwritten signatures, but only if you use a professional signature generator that meets industry requirements. Consider using signNow to sign your contracts and agreements electronically. The service complies with eSignature acts as ESIGN, UETA, eIDAS, HIPAA, etc. It protects signatories’ data in accordance with GDPR, SOC II Type 2, CCPA, FDA, and other security standards and keeps a detailed Audit Trail of all document modifications made within the solution.
Can I sign documents for free?Yes, you can choose a free online signature provider to create an eSignature on your document quickly. However, free services have restrictions on the number of forms you can sign. Sign up for a 7-day free trial with signNow. It will enable you to upload and eSign with a custom signature as many forms as you need and to try all of the Business Premium account features. Once the trial ends, you can choose the plan that suits your business needs. Check the Help Center to learn how to create eSignature and use other advanced features to simplify your eSigning workflows.
How do I electronically sign a PDF on Android?signNow mobile application is a great signature creator for PDF files for everyone who frequently needs to deal with paperwork while on the go. Go to Google Play, search for signNow, and install it on your Android-operated device. You will need to create an account and select a subscription plan to use the service or test it during the free 7-day trial. Once you upload your PDF, open it in the editor, tap the Signature button, and choose one of the signing options. To eSign your form, you can either type in your name or draw your custom signature.
How can I create an eSignature?To make your electronically signed documents legally binding, you need to use a reliable solution like signNow. Use this signature creator online in the browser and with a mobile app for Android/iOS devices anytime, from any place. There are three eSigning options that signNow provides you with: drawing your signature, uploading its image, and typing your name. No matter which one you select, it will be valid and court-admissible. With the mobile application, you can create an eSignature and send documents for signing even offline: in this case, you’ll need to sync it once the internet connection is restored.
Online signature creator
How to create eSignature online
eSigning is an essential part of today’s business, as it accelerates document approval and closing deals. Use signNow, a trustworthy online signature creator with a user-friendly interface. It’s a cloud-based solution, so you can access it on any internet-connected device, anytime.
Follow the step-by-step guide to create eSignature online:
- 01.Log in to your signNow account or register.
- 02.Click Upload or Create to import a file for approval and open it in the editor.
- 03.Drop the My Signature ✑ field where you need to eSign.
- 04.Click ⊕Add New Signature and select the signing method.
- 05.Type (T), draw (✎), or upload your signature and confirm it with the Sign button.
- 06.Use the Save and Close button to finish editing your document.
After you complete your paperwork, you can send it for approval to other parties and get it back eSigned in minutes. Merge your documents, transform them into reusable templates, manage them with your teams, and even collect payments. Get more benefits with signNow!
How to create eSignature in Google Chrome
If Google Chrome is your default browser, working with papers gets easier. signNow has a particular extension that enables you to instantly access the tool and electronically sign documents without switching between the tabs. The process is quick and requires only a few steps to complete.
Here’s how you can use an electronic signature creator in your browser:
- 01.Open Chrome Web Store, then find and install the signNow extension.
- 02.Right-click on the link to your form and choose Open in signNow.
- 03.Log in to your account to proceed with document editing.
- 04.Use the Text ✎, Initials ✑, Today’s date 🕓, and My Check ✔ fields to fill out the sample.
- 05.Click My Signature ✑ ➞ ⊕Add New Signature ➞ choose the preferred signing method.
- 06.Click Save and Close to complete the form editing.
Embedding signNow’s functionality into your browser settings is a fast and efficient way to approve documents without switching between tabs and windows. It helps you save hours of business time needed for creating and collecting signatures online. Explore these and other benefits of signNow.
How to create eSignature in Gmail
Having a bunch of emails with documents for approval can take hours to download and sign unless you use a specialized tool. Take advantage of the signNow add-on for Gmail to quickly create and collect eSignatures in several simple clicks just from your inbox.
Here’s how you can quickly sign your documents with a custom signature right in your inbox:
- 01. Click on the + icon on the right to open the Google Workspace Marketplace.
- 02. Install the signNow for Gmail add-on and grant access to your account.
- 03. Open an email with an attached form for approval and click S in the right sidebar.
- 04. Log in to your signNow account and click Upload ➞ Open Document.
- 05. Place the My Signature ✑ field where you need to eSign.
- 06. Type your name, draw, or upload your signature and click Save and Close to complete the form editing.
Implementing the signNow add-on into your Gmail account can save you a lot of time and effort. Close your contracts in a blink of an eye and collect electronically signed paperwork without leaving your inbox. Explore other features that our tool provides you with and benefit from improved eSignature workflows.
How to create eSignature in a mobile browser
With signNow, you can complete and eSign forms and agreements on your smartphone from anywhere, even without having an application installed on your device. Open the tool in a mobile browser any time there’s a document waiting for approval and create an eSignature at short notice, in a few simple steps.
Here’s how to use your signature creator online in a mobile browser:
- 01. Open your mobile browser and navigate to the signNow web page.
- 02. Log in to your account or register it if you use the tool for the first time.
- 03. Import a file for approval with the Upload or Create option.
- 04. Open the document and tap on the My Signature ✑ option in the left sidebar.
- 05. Click ⊕Add New Signature or use the default one to eSign the sample.
- 06. Fill out other fields with tools from the left sidebar and tap Save and Close in the end.
With our tool, things become easier even when you’re on the go. Easily complete and sign your paperwork electronically, turn it into reusable templates, and much more. Take advantage of all the advanced features that signNow provides.
How to create eSignature on Android
Managing and signing documents online becomes easy and quick when you use a mobile application for Android from signNow. It enables you to complete tasks more effectively and approve forms while on the go any time you need.
Follow the step-by-step instructions to create a custom signature on your smartphone:
- 01. Install the signNow app from the Google Play store.
- 02. Tap the + button and import a file from the gallery or the cloud.
- 03. Tap Open in Editor to fill out your sample.
- 04. Hit the Signature option and place it where you need to eSign.
- 05. Finish editing with the ✔ icon.
- 06. Select whether to download the copy, email it to others, or invite them to eSign it.
signNow’s mobile app works even offline, so you can create an eSignature and prepare your agreements for approval at any time. Once you’re online again, sync your account to update the changes and send all signing requests. Do more paperwork online with your smartphone in less time wherever you are.
How to create eSignature on iOS
If you often complete tasks while on the go, having a secure eSigning solution at hand is essential. Install signNow application for iOS and eSign your documents from just about anywhere.
Use the guidelines below to create a handwritten signature on your iOS device:
- 01. Navigate to the App Store and install the signNow app on your device.
- 02. Upload a document for signing with the + icon.
- 03. Tap on the file to open it in the editor.
- 04. Tap Myself ➞ Signature and place it in the form where needed.
- 05. Choose whether to type or draw your custom signature.
- 06. Complete your form editing by tapping Done.
If you need other people to eSign your paperwork, choose the MySelf and Others option, add Signature Fields, and assign Roles for each agreement party. Feel the benefits of advanced eSignature solutions for your iPhone and iPad. Try signNow!