- Electronic Signature
- Questions & Answers
- How to fill out and sign PDF documents online
How to fill out and sign PDF documents online
Can all PDFs be filled out online?
The good news is that you can convert a flat PDF into a fillable one with the help of fill&sign solutions and their editors. All you have to do is upload a PDF document into the system and format it with fillable text, date and signature fields. Software tools save you a lot of time and effort by eliminating the need to recreate a document from scratch and enabling users to proceed with adding specific information to a ‘customized template.’
How to fill out PDFs online
Here is how a standard process for filling out a PDF online goes:
- Select the tool or solution you want to use and launch it.
- Upload a PDF from your internal storage or the cloud.
- Open the PDF in the editor.
- Tab or use arrows to navigate between the fields.
- Complete the fields.
- Once you fill in each field, click on Finish or Done.
You can fill out PDFs on desktops and mobile devices. A majority of platforms allow you to upload documents from the cloud, so you can fill forms out from anywhere.
How to sign PDFs online
Here is how you can eSign PDFs online:
- Select the platform you want to use.
- Upload a PDF.
- Add one or several signature fields.
- Self-sign if needed and send signing invitations to recipients.
Apart from saving time and resources, eSignature solutions significantly accelerate document turnover. Keeping your funnel clear for more income-producing activities.
What are the benefits of completing a PDF online?
- Remote 24/7 access to files —— Users can complete forms from anywhere and at any time.
- Easy routing —— Multiple users can sign a PDF online faster and in a more organized manner.
- Fewer errors —— A good editor detects and corrects mistakes.
- Enhanced compliance —— An audit trail enables users to track changes made to the document and gives clear insight into the signing/editing process.
- Cost-effective —— No spending on paper, ink, delivery, storage or for labor to store and handle hard copies.
Regardless of the industry, paperwork remains an inevitable part of any business’s workflow. Using innovations companies succeed in enhancing document workflows. Even a minor shift to online editing can result in significant gains.
How to fill out and sign PDF documents online with signNow
Use the tips below to fill out and sign PDFs online with signNow:
- Create a signNow account.
- Import a PDF file.
- Open the PDF in the powerful editor.
- Add and customize diverse kinds of fields; text, signature, date and calculated or dropdown bars.
- Insert data and signatures in the relevant fields.
- Click Done when you are finished.
The interface is designed to be easy and clear to use. It detects the fillable fields so you can use the tab key or click the arrow when filling in fields and moving from one to the next. Since signNow is available on both desktops and mobiles, you can fill out and sign docs on the go, even while offline.
Automate business processes with the ultimate suite of tools that are customizable for any use case.
- Award-winning eSignature. Approve, deliver, and eSign documents to conduct business anywhere and anytime.
- End-to-end online PDF editor. Create, edit, and manage PDF documents and forms in the cloud.
- Online library of 85K+ state-specific legal forms. Find up-to-date legal forms and form packages for any use case in one place.