- Electronic Signature
- Questions & Answers
- How to eSign for free
How to eSign for free
What is an electronic signature?
What kinds of electronic signatures are there?
They are the following:
- Simple or Basic electronic signatures, aka SES.
- Advanced electronic and digital signatures, aka AES.
- Qualified advanced electronic or digital signatures, aka QES.
The three standards above have different legal weight and areas of application. SES suits low liability risk transactions, notably orders, announcements, and an organization’s internal document flows. AES has no specific requirement, however, it does have a calculable liability risk. It’s used for more serious transactions including sales contracts, rental agreements, etc. QES is known for specific form requirements and high liability risk and is applied to employment contracts and audit reports. QES holds the highest legal weight and is equal to a handwritten signature.
What are the benefits of electronic signatures?
The future-facing advantages of eSignature tools:
- Much faster document turnaround and shorter contract lifecycles.
- Enormous savings on costs related to paper-based processes, e,g., printing, shipping, stamping, storing, etc.
- More security with end-to-end document encryption.
- Court admissible validity in just about every sphere of business and personal life.
It’s confirmed that eSignatures cut down on document turnaround time by 80%. That freed-up time is great for more urgent and important tasks that propel business growth.
How to select the right provider for electronic signature
The five most valuable things to think about while selecting a suitable eSignature tool:
- Flexibility, including the ability to work on desktop and mobile.
- Simplicity, notably no registration requirements for signers.
- Validity, an audit trail to track a signer’s intent to sign and every single step of the process.
- Integration, the chance to work with the platforms you already use.
- Price, a well-rounded solution should be the right price to make it a smart decision for any individual, small business or enterprise.
Businesses that use the criteria mentioned above while scouting out possible candidates, should also consider how the service will deliver convenience to its customers. However, In the end, when working with signatures, document security, tracking and enforceability should always remain top of mind. In order to make the right choice, shortlist eSignature platforms, read customer reviews and case studies before making a final decision.
How to eSign with signNow
Get anything eSigned with signNow using the tips below:
- Open signNow and log into your account.
- Upload a document.
- Add text fields wherever you need.
- Set a signing order.
- Self-sign and send invitations to sign to recipients.
- Get notified when the document is signed.
signNow works towards customer convenience and integration. You can choose among three available methods to eSign: draw, type or upload a scanned signature. Every piece of data is protected with multiple-level encryption. eSign with signNow for free and start enhancing how you do business.
Automate business processes with the ultimate suite of tools that are customizable for any use case.
- Award-winning eSignature. Approve, deliver, and eSign documents to conduct business anywhere and anytime.
- End-to-end online PDF editor. Create, edit, and manage PDF documents and forms in the cloud.
- Online library of 85K+ state-specific legal forms. Find up-to-date legal forms and form packages for any use case in one place.